Research and Innovation
Feed the world. Protect the planet.
Extraordinary challenges require extraordinary solutions. For 150 years, the daring innovations of our graduates have shaped the world we know today. Now, we carry on that daring spirit, using cutting-edge technology and scientific advances to envision a better tomorrow.
Focused on identifying and addressing future challenges, students and faculty of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources are mastering research in five areas of unique strength:
- Climate change impacts, mitigation and adaptation;
- Human dimensions of food, agriculture and natural resources;
- Sustainable food systems, landscapes and ecosystems;
- Genetics and genomics for plant, animal and ecosystem improvement; and
- One Health intersections among animal, plant, human and ecosystem health.
Explore the exciting research we’re leading and the entrepreneurial ecosystem we’re building.
UD Research Initiatives
In an age of technology and innovation, the future has never looked more exciting.
Robot captures imaging of root systems at UD Farm: youtube.com/watch?v=HKqOdS-i4BI