Check out our Digital Ag Day Resources >
On behalf of the University of Delaware College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR), our hearts go out to those impacted by COVID-19. The situation is ever evolving and, in keeping with state and federal guidelines, we will cancel Ag Day scheduled for April 25, 2020. Our focus remains on the health and safety of our community.
This unprecedented decision is one that we understand impacts everyone in our college and our supporters, who look forward to this marquee event. This includes:
- CANR students who worked hard the whole year to exhibit research and scholarly activities;
- University students who use Ag Day as a fundraising platform for their group;
- External vendors who showcase their workmanship and talents;
- Our partners at the University who use this event as a venue to engage the public about UD’s many educational endeavors;
- Nonprofit agencies and UD Cooperative Extension who use Ag Day to disseminate information to the public at large and communicate the benefits of their outreach efforts; and
- Thousands from the surrounding community members who are invited to come to enjoy a day of learning and exploring right on our campus grounds.
University of Delaware Botanic Gardens Plant Sale for 2020
The UD Botanic Gardens crew is working on a plan to provide their loyal customers a means to purchase plants.
The plant sale is postponed and details are forthcoming on the UD Botanic Gardens website.
What is Ag Day?
Ag Day is a community event that brings agriculture and natural resources to life for the approximately 8,000 people who attend each year. Through educational exhibits, tours, and activities, our exhibitors educate everyone, from schoolchildren to homeowners, senior citizens to teenagers, about the world of agriculture and natural resources. Adding to the fun are our many supplemental vendors, who provide food and entertainment for our guests.