Gifts from individuals, companies, and foundations provide the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) with needed resources to expand our educational, research and extension programs. These vital gifts support faculty in their cutting edge research, and help train the next generation of leaders who will work to feed the world and sustain our natural resources.
Your gift may be designated to the department or fund of your choice with the confidence that it will be used for the purpose you intend.
CANR utilizes unrestricted funds to support initiatives like:
- Student enrichment—Opportunities for student learning outside of the classroom, including internships with Landscape Architecture, Botanic Gardens, Wetlands Restoration, Extension and the UDairy Creamery
- Special projects—Unique learning opportunities (e.g. UDairy Creamery or UD Fresh to You) that engage and enrich the local community and give students real-world experiences invaluable to their careers
- Scholarships—Academic and need-based awards that keep students focused on their education rather than how they can finance it
- Graduate student support—Opportunities for students to participate in knowledge discovery and translation that help feed the world and protect the planet
- Farm operations—Critical support of the college’s 350-acre farm, dairy, wetlands and woodlands that serves as an outdoor laboratory for students and faculty
- Cooperative Extension—Collaborative work between UD and the local community to provide valuable consultation and education to individuals, businesses and communities to solve problems, develop skills and build a better future.