The University of Delaware Weed Science Program provides continuing education on the principles of weed science, and training on effective and responsible weed control practices. UD Weed Science conducts unbiased studies for weed control of agronomic crops and commercial vegetables. Chemical, mechanical, and cultural practices are evaluated. Results and recommendations are made available to farmers and agribusinesses through publications, county and state-wide meetings, and field days throughout the year. UD Weed Science informs the agricultural community of emerging weed issues.
These guides are technical bulletins that provide technical information on managing key weeds in agronomic crops and commercial vegetables. Bulletins include control of Delaware’s noxious weeds. Often the information is specific to Delaware or the mid-Atlantic Region.
Learn more about the guide in the video below.
Weed Management Guide: youtube.com/watch?v=wH5AyULjKL0
Weed science Control Factsheets
- Burcucumber Control in Cropland Updated (3/19)
- Canada Thistle Control in Cropland Updated (3/19)
- Giant Ragweed Control in Cropland Updated (3/19)
- Johnsongrass Control in Cropland Updated (3/19)
- Palmer Amaranth Control in Cropland Updated (3/19)
- Texas Panicum Control in Field Crops and Commercial Vegetables Updated (3/19)
- Perennial Weed Control
Delaware Soybean Board Reports
Additional weed management reports
Report books prior to years available online here are available in PDF format upon request. For a copy to be emailed, please contact us and specify the year(s) you would like emailed.
Annual results of the UD conducted weed control demonstrations and trials. Trials are conducted at the UD’s Thurman Adams Research Farm (UD-REC) and at various on-farm locations throughout Delaware. Compilation of these trials is the basis of UD Weed Management Recommendations. Extension recommendations are seldom made based on a single trial.
- Integrated Weed Management Resource Center
- International Survey of Herbicide-Reistant Weeds
- Northeastern Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (NE-SARE)
- Northeastern Weed Science Society
- UD Department of Plant and Soil Sciences
- USDA Plants Database
- Weed Science Society of America
- Weekly Crop Update