University of Delaware Cooperative Extension provides agribusiness and risk management education to a diverse food and fiber community in subject areas including, but not limited to: grain marketing, business planning, crop budgeting and computer record keeping.
Mental Health First Aid Training
Do you know what stress, addiction, and/or mental health disorders looks like in friends, family or colleagues? Do you know what to do when you encounter these types of behaviors?
Why attend? In Delaware our agriculture community is facing many stressors. Those who are in the position to consult and aid them need to know the signs, symptoms and strategies to best serve them. Farm family members also need to know how best to help their loved ones.
What is this training about? The Mental Health First Aid training is an 8 hour evidence based program that introduces participants to risk factors and warning signs of mental illnesses, builds understanding of their impact, and overviews common ways to help and find support. Using interactive educational methods, you’ll learn how to offer initial help in a mental health crisis and how to connect with the appropriate level of care. You will also receive a list of community healthcare providers and national resources, support groups, and online tools for mental health and addictions treatment and support.
A certificate of completion is provided to attendees who attend all 8 hours of the training.
- EDEN is a collaborative national effort by extension services across the country to improve the delivery of services to citizens affected by disasters.
- Farm Succession Planning is a business and risk management practice that is critical to the agricultural Industry and to the health of families and farm businesses.
Linking Farm Vitality and Health
Farm and Farm Family Risk and Resilience Toolkit - This toolkit provides several tools educators can use to apply the socio-ecological model to risk management and resilience educational programming for farm audiences.
- Farm and Farm Family Risk and Resilience: A Guide for Extension Educational Programming – This guide provides the background, overview of theory, assessment tools and programming tools.
- Creating a Thriving Farm Visuals, Descriptions and Stacking Game - This tool helps to communicate what it takes to create thriving farms from a socio-ecological framework. It also includes the directions to the Thriving Farms Stacking Game.
- Farm and Farm Family Risk and Resilience Logic Models – Three logic models that target professionals, farm audiences and stakeholders.
- Farm and Farm Family Risk and Resilience Program Planning Tool – This program planning tool helps educators plan multiple sector approaches to addressing an issue or problem.