University of Delaware Cooperative Extension provides agribusiness and risk management education to a diverse food and fiber community in subject areas including, but not limited to: grain marketing, business planning, crop budgeting and computer record keeping.
All Agribusiness programs
Farm Succession Planning is a business and risk management practice that is critical to the agricultural industry and to the health of families and farm businesses.
Focusing on the health and overall wellbeing of our farming community is a critical and timely dimension of the broader efforts in Delaware to drive comprehensive, systemic health care transformation to achieve better care, healthier populations, lower cost and spending, and a better provider and patient experience.
Farm and Farm Family Risk and Resilience Toolkit
This toolkit provides several tools educators can use to apply the socio-ecological model to risk management and resilience educational programming for farm audiences.
- Farm and Farm Family Risk and Resilience: A Guide for Extension Educational Programming – This guide provides the background, overview of theory, assessment tools and programming tools.
- Creating a Thriving Farm Visuals, Descriptions and Stacking Game and How Healthy Is Your Farm Video – These tools help to communicate what it takes to create thriving farms from a socio-ecological risk and resilience framework. Includes directions to the Thriving Farms Stacking Game.
- Farm and Farm Family Risk and Resilience Bingo Game and Managing Farm and Farm Family Challenges Resiliency Worksheet – Includes tools and directions.
- Farm and Farm Family Risk and Resiliency: Tools You Can Use with Farmers, Professionals and Communities to Create Thriving Farms Webinar – Includes links to webinar recording and to a PDF of PowerPoint Presentation.
- Farm and Farm Family Risk and Resilience Logic Models – Three logic models that target professionals, farm audiences and stakeholders.
- Farm and Farm Family Risk and Resilience Program Planning Tool – This program planning tool helps educators plan multiple sector approaches to addressing an issue or problem.
- Reducing Stress and Building Resilience Video – This short video outlines types of stressors and what can be done to build resilience for farm operators and their families.