Personal Financial Management Initiatives
Our goal is to help families learn financial management concepts, processes and skills that increase their confidence and skills so they attain economic stability and security.
We provide tools and resources that assist in learning and practicing effective money management. We also provide training and resources to build the financial literacy confidence and skills of those working with adults and youth in the area of financial literacy.
Money management workshops and web resources
Reaching family members when and where they need it, we provide financial management educational programs on a variety of topics held during the evening or during the day at places of employment. Topics include budgeting, credit, saving and investing, communicating about money and helping families manage finances across the life cycle.
- Managing Your Money
- Credit and Reducing Your Debt
- Saving and Investing
- Financial Management During COVID (Video playlist)
Youth financial literacy
Building the skills of youth to manage their personal finances and to become confident and skilled as consumers are the goals of Cooperative Extension’s program efforts. Youth build skills on their own and with the help of parents and educators. Below are resources that help to support our goals.
- Consumer Champions Bowl - Each year at the state fair 4-H youth who have worked on the Financial Champions and Consumer Savvy project areas can showcase their knowledge in a contest. Teams of youth compete in beginning, junior and senior categories.
- Resources for teachers – Resources and websites that support financial literacy education in the classroom.
- Resources for parents – Resources and websites that support parents in teaching money management to their children.
Financial Management During COVID (Playlist)
Playlist for Youtube videos featuring Financial Management During COVID topics: youtube.com/watch?v=playlist?list=PLI-ZR4Jwy4gLBuuE0z4rJn-2yrf-dnfP-