Delaware Military 4-H
Delaware 4-H Salutes Military Youth and their Families for their Bravery.
The Delaware 4-H/Air Force Partnership seeks to expand opportunities for Air Force Youth in Delaware. The State 4-H Military Liaison builds relationships among their county staff and Air Force Youth Program staff to develop 4-H clubs at Dover Air Force Base. We also work with Air Force staff to identify and involve the youth of Air National Guard (ANG) and Air Force Reserve (AFR) families in 4-H programs in communities where they reside. The Military Liaison educates community groups about issues facing Military families and encourages them to join support networks.
The Soaring Eagles 4-H Club meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-5 pm throughout the school year. The Tuesday and Thursday meetings focus on several different areas to include Robotics, Earth Science, and Cooking. Staff at the Dover Air Base Youth Center/Boys and Girls Club have also been trained to use the 4-H Curriculum in their project clubs and between our programming and theirs, youth have the opportunity to participate in over 37 4-H project clubs for youth aged 8-18 and a Cloverbud Project Club for youth aged 5-7.
The Delaware Military 4-H Club that is for youth aged 5-18 who do not reside on base, but represent military youth from all branches of the service meets the third Sunday of every month from 2-4 pm at the Kent County 4-H Office at 69 Transportation Circle, Dover, DE 19901 where youth participate in activities such as Archery, Arts and Crafts, Woodworking, Photography, Computer Science, Robotics, Sewing, Cooking, Community Service, etc.
Delaware Military 4-H
- Creates community support networks for military youth.
- Delivers recreational, social and educational programs for military youth.
- Supports military kids coping with the stress of knowing their deployed parents may be in harm’s way.
- Collaborates with schools to ensure that staff members are aware of the unique needs of military students.
- Educates the public on the impact of the deployment cycle on military members and their families.
- Provides opportunities for youth to become a part of the ongoing 4-H Program.
Working together we have a strong influence on military families throughout Delaware.
4-H Military Partnerships are supported by the U. S. Department of Agriculture, National Institute of Food and Agriculture, 4-H National Headquarters; U.S. Army Child, Youth and School Services; U. S. Air Force Child and Youth Programs; U. S. Navy Child and Youth Programs; and the University of Delaware Cooperative Extension 4-H Program through grant funding at Kansas State University.
For more information visit https://4-hmilitarypartnerships.org.
Delaware Military 4-H currently is offering the following:
- STEM Club every Tuesday at Dover Air Base Youth Center from 4-5 pm during the school year.
- Support for military youth during the school year for Children of Parents who are deployed.
- Monthly 4-H Club at UDEL Paradee, 69 Transportation Circle, Dover, DE 19901, the 3rd Sunday of Every Month from 2-4 pm
- Youth will participate in Archery, Arts and Crafts and other project areas.
For geographically dispersed youth who do not reside near the base there are 4-H Clubs in communities throughout Delaware.