National 4-H Conference
The National 4-H Conference is the annual premiere national civic engagement opportunity for 4-H members (15-19 years old) across the country. Conference is a hands-on, working conference in which delegates participate in a variety of programs and activities. Participants have the opportunity to practice and apply in a real world setting their newly-developed and refined skills.
Delaware 4-H’ers in good standing, currently in their sophomore or junior year of high school, are encouraged to apply.
Conference Application >
National 4-H Congress is one of the premiere experiences for 4-H members across the country to participate in. For 94 years, members of the 4-H program have been gathering to celebrate the successes and accomplishments of 4-H at this event. National 4-H Congress provides a life-changing experience for youth to meet other 4-H members from across America, as they participate in educational workshops focusing on diversity, cultural experiences, leadership, team development, and of course having fun!
The National Youth Summit Series brings together some of the best and brightest students to focus on STEM, agriscience, healthy living, and photography. Designed for high school students (grades 9 – 12), the Summits provide opportunities to learn technical skills, participate in hands-on activities, workshops, and engage with nationally-recognized leaders.
The Delaware 4-H State Teen Council is led by three officers and three county representatives who serve as ambassadors for 4-H Youth Development and Delaware Cooperative Extension.
Each year, these young men and women spend countless hours planning philanthropic and other meaningful public service activities that have a direct impact on the lives of all Delawareans.
Purpose of the National 4-H Dairy Conference is to help selected 4-H youth:
- increase their understanding of the dairy industry;
- learn about additional vocational and professional opportunities in the dairy industry;
- practice good citizenship, group participation and leadership responsibilities; and
- develop additional individual initiative and competence in areas of special interest and aptitude in the dairy field and related areas.
National 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassador Program is designed to promote 4-H and 4-H Shooting Sports. Youth selected to serve as Ambassadors will receive training that will allow them to return to their homes and advocate for the program at the county, regional, and state level. Some Ambassadors may be asked to support national events as well. Ambassadors provide public relations support at special events such as donor/sponsor functions and also serve as spokespersons for the 4-H Shooting Sports Program, helping to make 4-H and the 4-H Shooting Sports Programs more visible. The Ambassador’s further develop their skills in leadership, public presentation, citizenship, community service, public relations and team building.
CWF Program Goals and Objectives
- Learn the meaning and importance of the Democratic process
- Explore the history of the Presidency, the election process, and the role of the press
- Discover the intricacies of the Executive Branch and careers in politics
- Practice your role in citizenship through service, civic education, and engagement