Scholarships & Awards
Delaware 4-H Foundation Scholarship
- The Delaware 4-H Foundation makes scholarships offered to Delaware 4-H members in pursuit of higher education. This award is to recognize continued 4-H leadership.
Daisy 4-H Shooting Sports Scholarship
- Each year, the Foundation, supported by the Delaware Equine Council, awards scholarships to a few high-achieving students, pursuing their education in fields that will enhance the equine or agricultural industry.
Delaware 4-H Youth in Action (YIA) Award
Due to the present COVID-19 situation and restrictions currently in place, the 2020 Delaware 4-H Hall of Fame sponsored by the Delaware 4-H Foundation has been postponed. This event will be rescheduled and held on October 2, 2021 at Modern Maturity Center to induct the laureates for this period.
This recognition event is normally held every two years and will be held again in October 2022 to allow the event to be back on schedule. If questions, please feel free to contact Doug Crouse, State 4-H Program Leader.
This award honors four Delaware 4-H’ers who have gained critical life skills through their 4-H experience and have utilized those skills to overcome a challenge or challenges they have faced. Every honoree is an outstanding 4-H’er who epitomizes 4-H youth empowerment and leadership. The 2019 awards will highlight youth in each of our core areas. Through a formal selection process, one awardee will be chosen within each pillar area:
- Youth in Action: Agriculture
- Youth in Action: Citizenship
- Youth in Action: Healthy Living
- Youth in Action: STEM
- The award consists of six levels that each require a 4-Her to plan and accomplish a broad range of age-appropriate tasks, acquiring valuable life skills as they progress.
Delaware 4-H Hall of Fame
- In 2002, the National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, National 4-H Council and 4-H National Headquarters partnered to create the National 4-H Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame was established to recognize 4-H volunteers, Extension professionals, staff employees, donors and others who made a significant impact on 4-H at the local, state or national level. This event is sponsored by the Delaware 4-H Foundation.
- The National 4-H Hall of Fame Task Force of NAE4-HA, in cooperation with National 4-H Council and 4-H National Headquarters. Our goal is for NAE4-HA members, foundation/development professionals and 4-H faculty at all levels to work together to select and nominate the most deserving candidate of each Land-grant institution to the National 4-H Hall of Fame.
Joy Sparks Spirit of 4-H Award
- The Joy Sparks Spirit of 4-H Award recognizes outstanding individuals who exhibit enthusiasm, dedication and exemplify 4-H spirit and values. The award is named in memory of 4-H state program leader Joy Sparks, who died Feb. 17, 2009.
National 4-H Salute to Excellence
- The National 4-H Salute to Excellence Volunteer Recognition Award recognizes 4-H volunteers who demonstrate exemplary service to 4-H, while promoting service through volunteerism as both an opportunity and a privilege.
Prudential Spirit of Community Award
- The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program is the United States’ largest youth recognition program based exclusively on volunteer community service.
- 2012 – Emma Rider, Sussex County, was named Delaware’s top high school youth volunteer by the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards.