Fact Sheets And Publications
- Raphanus sativus (Radish)
- Brassicaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun to part shade.
- Soil Conditions: requires well-drained soil. Needs consistent moisture.
- Grows well in container.
- Pink Beauty (26 days)
- French Breakfast (21 days)
- Cherry Belle (22 days)
- Watermelon (60 days) (best grown summer into fall)
Common pests and diseases
- Cabbage root maggots
- Flea Beetle
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.