Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Lavandula angustifolia, Lavender
- Lamiaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: low fertility, well-drained soil.
- Grows well in a container.
- Ellagance Purple (100-110 days) Bushy, uniform, with deep purple flowers. Winter hardy.
- Munstead (100-110 days) Compact, bushy habit. Bloom olors range from pale blue to dark violet.
- Hidcote Blue (100 days) Compact uniform habit, silvery foliage, deep violet-blue flowers.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Spittle Bugs (pictured here)
- White Flies
- Root Rot
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.