Fact Sheets And Publications
- Brassica oleracea var. gongylodes (Kohlrabi)
- Brassicaceae Family
- Sunlight: full sun. Tolerates light shade.
- Soil conditions: prefers well-drained, fertile soil high in organic matter.
Pests and diseases
- Cabbage looper Cabbageworm*
- Flea beetle
- Cabbage root maggots Black rot
- Cabbage yellows
Successful cultivars and harvest
- Delicacy White (60 days) Light green skin.
- Delicacy Purple (65 days) Vibrant purple skin, white flesh.
- Quickstar (37 days) Green skin, exceptional earliness, good flavor.
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau..
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.