Fact Sheets And Publications
- Allium schoenoprasum, Chives
- Amaryllidaeae family
- Sunlight: sun and part shade.
- Soil conditions: well-drained soil, rich in organic matter.
- Grows well in a container.
- Common (75-85 days) Bright green, slender leaves, mild onion flavor.
- Garlic (90 days) Thin, flat leaves, delicate garlic flavor, attractive white flowers.
- Dolores (75-85 days) Uniform slender leaves, upright habit.
Common pests and disease
- Damping Off
- Downy Mildew
- Onion Thrips
- Onion Maggot
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.