Fact Sheets And Publications
- Phaseolus vulgaris, Beans
- Fabaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: well-drained, fertile soil.
- Pole, bush, shelling, and filet types.
- Green, yellow, and burgundy varieties.
- Kentucky Blue (65 days) Sweet, stringless, 7" long pods. Pole type.
- Provider (50 days) Easy to grow, early bean, germinates well in cool soil. Bush type.
- Black Coco (95 days) 5" long pods, easy to pick.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Mexican bean beetles
- Cucumber beetles
- Spider mites
- Bacterial leaf disease
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.