Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Phaseolus vulgaris, Beans
- Fabaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: well-drained, fertile soil.
- Pole, bush, shelling, and filet types.
- Green, yellow, and burgundy varieties.
- Kentucky Blue (65 days) Sweet, stringless, 7" long pods. Pole type.
- Provider (50 days) Easy to grow, early bean, germinates well in cool soil. Bush type.
- Black Coco (95 days) 5" long pods, easy to pick.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Mexican bean beetles
- Cucumber beetles
- Spider mites
- Bacterial leaf disease
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.