Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Cucurbita maxima, Winter Squash
- Cucurbitaceae Family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil Conditions: requires well-drained soil, high fertility.
- Acorn-Honey Bear (85 days) Semi-bush plant. (pictured here)
- Butternut-Waltham Butternut (105 days) Large fruits, small seed cavity.
- Sunshine (95 days) Vigorous short vine.
Common pests and diseases
- Squash bug (pictured here)
- Squash vine borer
- Striped Cucumber Beetle
- Powdery mildew
- Downy mildew
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.