Fact Sheets And Publications
- Cucurbita maxima, Winter Squash
- Cucurbitaceae Family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil Conditions: requires well-drained soil, high fertility.
- Acorn-Honey Bear (85 days) Semi-bush plant. (pictured here)
- Butternut-Waltham Butternut (105 days) Large fruits, small seed cavity.
- Sunshine (95 days) Vigorous short vine.
Common pests and diseases
- Squash bug (pictured here)
- Squash vine borer
- Striped Cucumber Beetle
- Powdery mildew
- Downy mildew
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.