Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Citrullus lanatus, Watermelon
- Cucurbitaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: well drained, fertile soil.
- Heat loving, vining plant.
- Crimson Sweet (85 days) Classic large watermelon, dark and light green stripes. Sweet pink flesh.
- Sugar Baby (72 days) Round, 7-8" diameter.
- Orange Crisp (87 days) Seedless, orange flesh. 11" round green fruit with dark green stripes.
Common pests and diseases
- Powdery mildew (pictured here)
- Downy mildew
- Cucumber beetle
- Melon aphid
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.