Fact Sheets And Publications
- Citrullus lanatus, Watermelon
- Cucurbitaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: well drained, fertile soil.
- Heat loving, vining plant.
- Crimson Sweet (85 days) Classic large watermelon, dark and light green stripes. Sweet pink flesh.
- Sugar Baby (72 days) Round, 7-8" diameter.
- Orange Crisp (87 days) Seedless, orange flesh. 11" round green fruit with dark green stripes.
Common pests and diseases
- Powdery mildew (pictured here)
- Downy mildew
- Cucumber beetle
- Melon aphid
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.