Fact Sheets And Publications
- Solanum lycopersicum, Tomato
- Solanaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: well-drained, fertile soil, high in organic matter.
- Tomatoes come in both determinate (bush) varieties, and indeterminate (climbing) varieties.
- Brandy Boy (75-78 days) 4-5 times the yield of Brandywine, improved flavor. Indeterminate. (pictured here)
- Mortgage Lifter (80 days) Enormous pink fruit, few seeds. Indeterminate.
- Steakhouse (75-80 days) Fruits up to 3 pounds, rich tomato flavor. Indeterminate.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Early Blight
- Late Blight
- Blossom End Rot
- Fusarium Wilt
- Tomato Hornworm (parasitized)
- Stink Bug
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.