Fact Sheets And Publications
- Thymus vulgaris, Thyme
- Lamiaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: light, well-drained soil.
- Grows well in a container.
- English Thyme (90 days) Low growing perennial, gray-green leaves.
- Lemon Thyme (90-100 days) Golden variegated leaves, citrusy flavor. (pictured here)
- Common Thyme (180 days) Easy to grow, highly adaptable.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Spider Mites (pictured here)
- Botrytis Rot
- Rhizoctonia Root Rot
- Alternaria Leaf Spot
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.