Fact Sheets And Publications
- Ipomoea batatas, Sweet Potato
- Convolvulaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: well-drained, loose soil.
- Grown from slips. (pictured here)
- Georgia Jet: Good for Northeast. Red skin, orange flesh.
- Beauregard: Long tubers, sweet, dark red skin, high yielding.
- Centennial: Good for short season areas. Orange skin and flesh.
Common pests and diseases
- Flea beetles
- Stem rot
- White rust
- Sweet potato scurf (pictured here)
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.