Fact Sheets And Publications
- Cucurbita pepo, Summer Squash
- Cucurbitaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil Conditions: requires well-drained soil, high fertility.
- Grows well in container.
- Black Beauty (50 days) Glossy, black-green, creamy white flesh.
- Golden Zebra (50-60 days) Bushy plant, golden and white fruits. (pictured here)
- Sunburst (55 days) 2-3" yellow, scallop shape.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Squash bug (pictured here)
- Squash vine borer
- Striped Cucumber Beetles
- Bacterial wilt
- Powdery mildew
- Downy mildew
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.