Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Cucurbita pepo, Summer Squash
- Cucurbitaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil Conditions: requires well-drained soil, high fertility.
- Grows well in container.
- Black Beauty (50 days) Glossy, black-green, creamy white flesh.
- Golden Zebra (50-60 days) Bushy plant, golden and white fruits. (pictured here)
- Sunburst (55 days) 2-3" yellow, scallop shape.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Squash bug (pictured here)
- Squash vine borer
- Striped Cucumber Beetles
- Bacterial wilt
- Powdery mildew
- Downy mildew
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.