Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Spinacia oleracea (Spinach) Amaranthaceae Family
- Sunlight: full sun, partial shade.
- Soil conditions: moist, fertile soil. Cool temperatures.
Pest and Diseases
- Pests usually not an issue, only minor damage occurs
Successful cultivars and harvest
- New Zealand (55-60 days) Bright green triangular leaf shape. Heat tolerant.
- Bloomsdale Longstanding (40-48 days) Dark green savoyed curled leaves.
- Tyee (45 days ) Dark green, semi savoy type. Resists bolting.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.