Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Salvia offiinalis, Sage
- Lamiaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: sandy, loamy, well-drained soil.
- Grows well in a container.
- Common ( 80-90 days) Grey-green leaves, wide variety of culinary uses.
- Golden Sage (80-90 days) Golden-yellow and green variegated leaves. Bushy, compact habit. (pictured here)
- Pineapple Sage (80-90 days) Pineapple scented foliage.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Spider Mites
- White Flies
- Downy Mildew (pictured here)
- Leaf Spot
- Mint Rust
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.