Fact Sheets And Publications
- Salvia offiinalis, Sage
- Lamiaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: sandy, loamy, well-drained soil.
- Grows well in a container.
- Common ( 80-90 days) Grey-green leaves, wide variety of culinary uses.
- Golden Sage (80-90 days) Golden-yellow and green variegated leaves. Bushy, compact habit. (pictured here)
- Pineapple Sage (80-90 days) Pineapple scented foliage.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Spider Mites
- White Flies
- Downy Mildew (pictured here)
- Leaf Spot
- Mint Rust
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.