Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Pisum sativum (Peas) Fabaceae Family (Legume) Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: fertile, well drained soil.
- Can tolerate light frost. Bush and vining varieties.
Pests and diseases
- Pea root rot
- Powdery Mildew
- Fusarium Wilt
- Maxigolt (65 days) Shelling type. Broad pods contain large, sweet, dark green peas.
- Sugar Snap (58 days) Snap type. Flavorful, sweet, crisp pods.
- Avalanche (60 days) Snow type. High yielding, dark green pods.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.