Fact Sheets And Publications
- Origanum vulgare, Oregano
- Lamiaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: light, moderately fertile, well-drained soil. Can thrive in areas with tough growing conditions.
- Grows well in a container.
- Greek (80-90 days) Pungent, bold, earthy flavor.
- Italian (80-90 days) Large leaves, dries easily. (Pictured here)
- Golden Oregano (80-90 days) Golden colored foliage.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Spider Mites (pictured here)
- Mint Rust
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.