Fact Sheets And Publications
- Mentha sp., Mint
- Lamiaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun to part shade.
- Soil conditions: rich, moist, well-drained soil.
- Grows well in a container.
- Perennial, wide spreading, can become invasive.
- Spearmint (60-70 days)
- Peppermint (60-70 days) Strong mint flavored leaves. (Pictured here)
- Chocolate (60-70 days)Refreshingly pungent, chocolate flavored leaves.
- Orange (60-70 days) Similar to chocolate but with a touch of citrus orange flavored leaves.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Spider Mites
- Mint Rust (pictured here)
- Flea Beetle
- Cut Worms
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.