Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Cucumis melo, Melon
- Cucurbitaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: fertile, well-drained soil.
- Can be grown on a trellis.
- Sugar Cube (80 days) (Cantaloupe)Deep orange flesh. Some disease resistance.
- Honeyomb (78 days) (Honeydew) Smooth cream-colored skin, iy green flesh.
- Lilly (90 days) (Crenshaw) Oblong, light yellow skin, light orange flesh.
Common pests and diseases
- Squash bugs
- Squash vine borers
- Striped cucumber beetle (pictured here)
- Downy mildew
- Powdery mildew
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.