Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Phaseolus lunatus, Lima Bean
- Fabaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: loose, evenly moist, well drained soil.
- Bush and pole varieties.
- Fordhook 242 (65 days) Bush type. Light green 4" pods, packed with 3-5 large beans.
- King of the Garden (105 days) Pole type. Can grow 12 ft., use sturdy support.
- Henderson bush (60-75 days) Bush type. Dwarf lima, very productive.
Common pests and diseases
- Leaf Spot Disease
- Bean Anthracnose
- Bean Rust
- Bean Root Rot
- Bean Blight
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.