Fact Sheets And Publications
- Allium ampeloprasum, Leeks
- Allium family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: well drained soil, high in organic matter.
- Best grown as a transplant.
- Blanch with soil to increase white shanks.
- King Richard (75 days) Early, large, leeks with long white shanks.
- Lancelot (75 days) Disease tolerant and bolt resistant.
Common pests & diseases
- Leek Rust
- Powdery Mildew
- Leek Moths
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.