Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Allium ampeloprasum, Leeks
- Allium family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: well drained soil, high in organic matter.
- Best grown as a transplant.
- Blanch with soil to increase white shanks.
- King Richard (75 days) Early, large, leeks with long white shanks.
- Lancelot (75 days) Disease tolerant and bolt resistant.
Common pests & diseases
- Leek Rust
- Powdery Mildew
- Leek Moths
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.