Fact Sheets And Publications
- Cucumis sativus, Cucumber
- Cucurbitaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil conditions: well-drained, fertile soil, high in organic matter.
- Vining and bush varieties. Bush varieties grow well in a container.
- Straight Eight (58 days) 6-8" fruits, deep green slicing variety.
- Suyo Long (60 days) 16" long, burpless, crispy fruit.
- Picklebush (52 days) Compact vines, 2" long fruits, very produtive.
- Bush Champion (55 days) Bush type. 8-12" crisp slicers.
Common pests & diseases
- Striped cucumber beetle
- Squash vine borer
- Bacterial wilt
- Powdery mildew
- Downy mildew
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.