Fact Sheets And Publications
- Brassica oleracea var. acephala, Collards
- Brassicaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun. Prefers full sun in spring but can benefit from light shade during hot weather.
- Soil Conditions: requires well-drained soil. Prefers well-drained, fertile soil high in organic matter.
- Top Bunch (50 days) Georgia type hybrid. Tall, productive, medium green leaves.
- Tiger (69 days) Georgia type hybrid. Attractive leaves, uniform plants, regrow quickly, high yield.
- Flash (55 days) Vates type. High yield, slow to bolt.
Common Pests & Diseases
- Cabbage loopers
- Flea beetles
- Cabbage root maggots
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.