Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Daucus carota var. sativus, Carrot
- Umbelliferae family
- Sunlight: full sun. Will tolerate very light shade.
- Soil conditions: Good quality roots require plentiful moisture, well-drained soil, that is deep, loose, free of stones and high in organic matter.
- Danvers Half Long (75 days) 8" long, bright orange, sweet and tender.
- Scarlet Nantes (70 days) 7" long, smooth skin, deep orange-red color.
- Yellowstone (73 days) 6-8" long, deep color, strong tops.
Common pests and disease
- Carrot rust fly
- Carrot weevil
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.