Fact Sheets And Publications
- Brassica oleracea var. capitata, Cabbage
- Brassicaceae family
- Sunlight: : full sun. Can tolerate light shade but will slow maturity. Light shade can be beneficial in warm weather.
- Soil Conditions: prefers well-drained, fertile soil, high in organic matter.
- Early Jersey Wakefield (90 days) Fast, productive, large dense heads.
- Charmant (66 days) 3-4 pound blue-green heads. Suited for close plantings.
- Alcosa (65 days) Savoy type, 2-4 pound heads, puckered leaves sweet and mild.
Common pests and diseases
- Cabbage worm
- Cabbage looper
- Flea beetle
- Club root
- Cabbage yellows
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.