Fact Sheets And Publications
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Read our latest accomplishments!
Browse available resources.
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Protect your family, friends and community.
- Brassica oleracea var. gemmifera, Brussels Sprouts
- Brassicaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun.
- Soil Conditions: consistently moist, fertile soil.
- Can be harvested as stalks or as sprouts.
- Gladius (98 days) Early, firm, holds well.
- Dagan (100 days) Attractive, smooth, holds well.
- Green Gems (85-90 days) Green exterior with golden interior. Cold hardy1 ½" sprouts.
Common pests and diseases
- Cabbage worm
- Flea beetle
- Root maggots
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.