Fact Sheets And Publications
- Brassica oleracea var. botrytis, Broccoli
- Brassicaceae family
- Sunlight: full sun. Can tolerate light shade but will slow maturity.
- Soil conditions: requires well-drained, fertile soil high in organic matter,
- Needs plentiful, consistent moisture.
- Bonanza hybrid (55 days) Large central head, side shoots.
- Di Cicco (48 days) Small to medium florets.
- Blue Ribbon hybrid (52 days) Large central head, side shoots.
- Burgundy (37 days) Purple buds with purple green stems.
Common pests and diseases
- Imported Cabbage Worm
- Cross Striped Cabbage Worm (pictured here)
- Cabbage looper
- Harlequin Bug
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.