Fact Sheets And Publications
- Eruca sativa, Arugula
- Brassicaceae family (mustards)
- Sunlight: full sun. Light shade may help slow bolting.
- Soil conditions: rich, well-drained soil.
- Rocket (35 days) Tender, smooth leaves, robust peppery flavor.
- Red Dragon (45-50 days) Oak shaped leaves with striking maroon veins.
Common pests and disease
- Flea beetle (pictured here)
- Downy mildew
- Root rot
- Bacterial leaf spot
This publication was created by Master Gardeners Rick Judd and Gail Hermenau. Photos courtesy of Gail Hermenau.
UD Cooperative Extension
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, Cooperative Extension is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.