- Ph.D. Plant Sciences, University of Maryland College Park
- M.S. Plant Sciences, University of Delaware
- B.S. Plant Sciences, University of Delaware
Area(s) of expertise:
- Certified Pesticide Applicator (Restricted Use)
- Good handling practices (GHP)
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP)
Jake Jones joined UD Extension in July 2019 as a Kent County Ag Extension Agent. He is a fifth-generation farmer from Milford, Delaware, where his family operation currently grows corn, soybeans, barley, and hay along with broiler chickens and some cows. Recently, he began a small beef herd and is tilling a few acres of grain crops and hay.
Jake earned a bachelor’s degree in Plant Science with a minor in Food and Agribusiness Marketing and Management from the University of Delaware followed by a master’s degree in Plant Science, focused on controlling root-knot nematode in lima bean. Currently, he is working towards his PhD in Plant Science from the University of Maryland, where he is studying the management of fungal diseases in melon and cucurbit downy mildew biology and control.
Jake looks forward to becoming an asset to the growers and stakeholders in Kent County!