How to Report Concerns About Discrimination

Browse available resources.
You have questions. We have answers!
Contact UD Extension staff.
Read our latest accomplishments!
Find out how YOU can get involved!
Hands-on experiential learning for UD undergrads!
Submit a sample today.
Analyses to help manage your land.
Chat with a DE Master Gardener.
Protect your family, friends and community.
Protect your flock.

Complaint Procedures

First, consider expressing your concerns to the Extension educator associated with the program or their direct supervisor. You can also call the Director of Extension at 302 -831-2504 to discuss the situation, to determine remedies, or to request the appropriate University, state or federal complaint procedures.

If you wish to file a formal complaint with Cooperative Extension, you can write to the Director of Cooperative Extension. The address is: University of Delaware Cooperative Extension, Agricultural Administration, Townsend Hall, Room 113, 531 South College Avenue, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, 19716-2210

To report concerns to University Of Delaware, write to one of the following departments:

  • For non-disability related complaints, contact the University of Delaware, Office of Equity and Inclusion, 305 Hullihen Hall, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716. Phone: 302-831-8063
  • For disability related complaints contact: University of Delaware Office of Disability Support Services, University of Delaware, 240 Academy St. Alison Hall Suite 119, Newark, DE 19716 Phone: (302) 831-4643 Fax: (302) 831-3261

Other ways to bring forth your concerns around discrimination include:

As, Cooperative Extension is partially funded by the US. Department of Agriculture, you can alternatively make a complaint via one of these methods,

In writing to:
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA),
Office of Civil Rights,
Room 326-W Whitten Building,
14th & Independence Avenue,
SW, Washington, DC, 20250-9410 or

By phone to 202-720-5964 or
Via the web:

Complaint Procedure for Food and Nutrition Service programs (SNAP and FDPIR):

To file a complaint of discrimination, write:
USDA, Director
Office of Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
or call 1-800-795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TTY)

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer