Get Support


Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Policy

Find resources and information about undocumented and DACA students on the Student Life website

Get Support

There are many support services available to address the needs of UD's international community. Read more below and visit the CGPS Life in the U.S. & at UD webpage to learn about all of the resources that are available to help ensure a successful academic and life experience. Don't hesitate to reach out to CGPS or the other offices that are here to support you.


Services: Immigration Services
26 E. Main Street, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Phone: (302) 831-2115
Fax: (302) 831-2123


Services: Admission Status
210 South College Avenue, Newark, DE 19716
Phone: (302) 831-1606
Fax: (302) 831-6905

Services: Admission Status; Graduation
234 Hullihen Hall, Newark, DE 19716
General: (302) 831-8697; Admissions: (302) 831-2129
Fax: (302) 831-8745
General email:;
Admissions email:

Services: English language instruction, language partner programs, cultural programming
189 West Main Street
(302) 831-2674

Services: Tutoring, study skills workshops, one-on-one academic assistance
148-150 S. College Avenue
(302) 831-4555

Services: career preparation, resume review, online job postings, workshops, career library
401 Academy Street
(302) 831-2392


Services: Accessibility accommodations, alternative format materials, assistive technology, interpreter services, note-taker services, parking services, test accommodations
325 Academy Street, Suite 161
(302) 831-4643 / TDD: (302) 831-4563

Services: Living on campus, connecting students to their communities
Eliphalet Gilbert Hall, 310 Haines Street
(302) 831-4663

Services: Tutorial assistance in Math 010, Math 114, Math115, Math 117, Math 221 and Math 241
501 Ewing Hall
(302) 831-2653

Services: Academic records, transfer credit review from other educational institutions, AP/IB/CAPE test credit evaluation
University Visitors Center, 210 South College Avenue
(302) 831-1551

Services: Free ESL conversation classes, writing assistance to improve grammar, punctuation, organization, style, and documentation
016 Memorial Hall
(302) 831-1168


Undergraduate Academic Advising (by College)

Graduate College Academic Support

Services: Individual and group counseling, weekly international group, confidential psychiatric services
261 Perkins Student Center, Newark, DE 19716
(302) 831-2141

Services: Medical treatment and office consultation space for a variety of outpatient services including immunizations, laboratory services, women’s health and x-ray services.
Laurel Hall, 282 The Green
(302) 831-2226

Services: behavioral and emotional wellness support,helping students evaluate options for maintaining healthy lifestyles through prevention, intervention, and education. Includes substance use recovery and counseling services and sexual misconduct support.  
231 S. College Ave
(302) 831-3457

Visit the CGPS Families & Dependents webpage for helpful information and opportunities for dependents on J-2 and F-2 visas to get connected and supported.

Experienced, trained UD students volunteer each fall to welcome new international students to UD in the iBuddy Global Mentoring Program.


The International Student Emergency Fund is administered by the Center for Global Programs & Services (CGPS) at the University of Delaware to provide emergency assistance to a limited number of international students for up to $1,000 per academic year. It is generally given as a one-time award and award decisions will be made based on the applicant’s individual situation. Amounts awarded are subject to availability of funds per year and the applicant may not receive the total amount requested.

Click on a subject below for more details.

Applicants must meet the following criteria:

  • Must demonstrate financial need as a result of extreme unforeseen circumstances.

  • All other resources, including emergency loans through scholarship and student aid must have been considered and are insufficient, unavailable, or not available in a timely manner.

  • Must be a degree-seeking UD or conditionally admitted ELI student in good academic standing.

  • Must be in valid academic and F-1 or J-1 immigration status.

  • If enrolled less than full-time, an approved Reduced Course Load form must be on file with CGPS.

  • Applicants must complete the online application form and submit supporting documentation to CGPS (

Complete and submit online application form along with all supporting documentation, including:

  • Bank statements from the past three months.

  • A personal statement clearly explaining the circumstances, including sources of income and other available funding and a list of specific expenses to be covered by the award.

  • Proof of attempts to seek other funds, such as job applications, loan applications, or others.

  • Proof of monthly housing payment.

  • Proof of any other monthly debt such as a car payment or credit card balance.

  • A letter of recommendation from your academic advisor confirming your status in your program and substantiating that they are aware of your situation.

The student submitting the request will meet with the Director of the Center for Global Programs & Services and the Emergency Fund committee to discuss their situation and request for emergency funding. Each request is reviewed individually. Many factors will be considered in making a decision to approve or deny a request. These factors include, but are not limited to:

  • The nature and urgency of the student's emergency;

  • The totality of the student's hardships;

  • Other resources or support that may or may not be available to the student;

  • The specific and immediate impacts the emergency may be having on the student's living and academic circumstances; and,

  • Other information provided by third parties, such as advocates or advisors, that may help to illuminate and clarify the student's situation in developing appropriate rationale for the decision.

  • If the student's request is approved, funds will be distributed to the student through their UD student account. For questions about student accounts, please contact Student Financial Services at (302) 831-2126.

Expenses covered by the emergency fund include (but are not limited to):

  • medication and other costs related to medical care not covered by health insurance, 
  • replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft, or natural disaster, 
  • travel costs related to death or illness in the immediate family. 

Expenses not covered:

  • tuition, 
  • fees, 
  • health insurance, 
  • non-essential utilities,
  • household or furniture costs not related to damage or theft, 
  • parking tickets, 
  • costs for non-emergency travel.







ISSS Disclaimer: The information contained on this web site is provided as a service to international students, faculty, staff, employees, and administrators at the University of Delaware, and does not constitute legal advice on any immigration, tax, or other matter. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of official counsel. For assistance on your immigration status, we encourage you to contact an ISS advisor for specific guidance at