Hosting Scholars

Staff meet with international students and scholars at international coffee hour
Hosting Scholars | CGPS | University of Delaware
Hosting Scholars | CGPS | University of Delaware

Health Advisories

COVID-19 FAQs for International Students & Scholars
Immigration, travel, employment & more

COVID-19 FAQs for Study Abroad Students
Travel, programs, health & more

UD COVID-19 Updates


Impact on the University community and academics

Hosting Scholars

When bringing foreign nationals to campus, it is strongly recommended for UD Departments to contact CGPS as early in the process as possible.

Please note that immigration regulations are subject to change and can vary depending on your particular case or situation. Always consult an ISS advisor for the most accurate information or whenever in doubt.

Scholars at the University of Delaware generally arrive on either J-1 or H-1B visas. To find out more about these and other visa options for scholars and employees, please select one of the links below.

(Includes short-term scholars and researchers as well as post-docs)

(Includes benefited employees in specialty occupations)

Learn about temporary visas (Includes B visas and Visa Waivers) and other visa types.


#UDIntlCoffeeHour | #UDAbroad | #UDWorldScholar | #DEDiplomat

ISSS Disclaimer: The information contained on this web site is provided as a service to international students, faculty, staff, employees, and administrators at the University of Delaware, and does not constitute legal advice on any immigration, tax, or other matter. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of official counsel. For assistance on your immigration status, we encourage you to contact an ISS advisor for specific guidance at