Staff meeting students
Departments | CGPS | University of Delaware

Health Advisories

COVID-19 FAQs for International Students & Scholars
Immigration, travel, employment & more

COVID-19 FAQs for Study Abroad Students
Travel, programs, health & more

UD COVID-19 Updates


Impact on the University community and academics


This section contains important information for UD departments on how to host visiting scholars, sponsor H-1B employees, bring special international groups to campus and sponsor a UD employee for employment-based Permanent Residency.

When bringing foreign nationals to campus, it is strongly recommended for UD Departments to contact CGPS as early in the process as possible.

If you are planning to pay a visa holder a prize or stipend of any kind, please make sure you familiarize yourself with the IRS tax assessment guidelines, the rates of which may be different than those for U.S. citizens. For more information on current tax regulations governing the payment of foreign nationals, or for guidance on what to expect, please contact the UD Payroll department at

Please note that immigration regulations are subject to change and can vary depending on your particular case or situation. Always consult an ISS advisor for the most accurate information or whenever in doubt.

Learn about Visa Types.


#UDIntlCoffeeHour | #UDAbroad | #UDWorldScholar | #DEDiplomat

ISSS Disclaimer: The information contained on this web site is provided as a service to international students, faculty, staff, employees, and administrators at the University of Delaware, and does not constitute legal advice on any immigration, tax, or other matter. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of official counsel. For assistance on your immigration status, we encourage you to contact an ISS advisor for specific guidance at