Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
Guidance for visitors to campus
May 23 update: In light of rising numbers of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations around the country, including in Delaware over the past week, the University of Delaware is reinstating its masking requirement for all indoor spaces, effective at 8 a.m., Tuesday, May 24.
Face masks must be worn indoors except when actively eating or drinking. This requirement applies to all UD-sponsored events, no matter the location on or off campus, as well as all indoor facilities, including residence halls, libraries, classrooms and other public/common spaces. Classroom and/or presentation speakers may remove their masks while presenting as long as they are more than six feet from others in attendance. Masks also continue to be required on all campus shuttles and University transportation services, as well as health care clinics.
Last Revised: March 3, 2022
All event attendees and participants — including UD students, faculty and staff — will need to complete the UD Daily Health Check and show the green check reflecting health clearance.
The University will continue to re-evaluate its event attendance policy in consultation with public health guidance.
If you or your teams have any questions pertaining to this protocol, please contact your unit leader and/or email@example.com.
Supporting our community
- Caring for Our People: We prioritize the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff, as well as the greater Delaware community. The welfare of our people remains vital to our success, and we will do everything possible to support the wellbeing of our inclusive community and maintain workforce continuity through this unprecedented public health emergency.
- Cultivating Academic Excellence and Enrichment: As a world-class institution, we continue to ensure that teaching, research, scholarship and service thrive as cornerstones of human and intellectual development, today and in the future. As student success is our priority, we will maintain academic continuity, even during crisis, via alternative course delivery formats as necessary. We are committed to resuming campus life and normal operations as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Invigorating Our Mission for Positive Change: We continue to fulfill our mission and create value-driven opportunities to make a positive impact on society through scholarly endeavors, innovative research, creative learning, community engagement, and operational excellence. As a community of idea giants, our faculty, students and staff are bold and resilient, and will always seek ways to remain agile and persevere through challenge with efficiency and innovation.
It is important to remember that the physical health of our community is equally connected to the social and mental health of our community. UD offers a number of resources for students should you need someone to talk to at this unsettling time. If you feel you have been discriminated against, please contact UD's Office of Equity & Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Delaware provides all employees, their spouses, dependents, parents and in-laws with access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no additional cost. To access this program, you may call 800-343-2186 or visit the HMS website. If using the website, you will need to enter the "State of Delaware" as the password.
The UD Campus Reopening Task Forcee is overseen by the Task Force Steering Committee, chaired by President Assanis. Members of the committee include the leaders of colleges, as well as other University administrators, faculty members and undergraduate and graduate students.
Chair: Dennis Assanis, President
- Robin Morgan, Provost
- John Long, Executive Vice President and COO
- Mary Remmler, Vice President of Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Charlie Riordan, Vice President of Research, Scholarship and Innovation
- Laure Ergin, Vice President and General Counsel
- Jose Riera, Vice President of Student Life
- Glenn Carter, Vice President of Communications and Marketing
- Chrissi Rawak, Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreational Services
- Michael Vaughan, Interim Vice Provost of Diversity
- Jim Dicker, Vice President University Development & Alumni Relations
- Rhett Ruggerio, Interim Director of Government Relations
- Beth Brand, Vice President and University Secretary
- Sylvester Johnson, Director, Custodial and University Services
- Debbie H. Norris, Chair and Professor of Photograph Conservation, Art Conservation Department; Unidel Henry Francis du Pont Chair; Director, Winterthur/University of Delaware Program in Art Conservation, College of Arts and Sciences, Trustee
- Alan Fox, Professor of Philosophy; Acting Director of Islamic Studies
- Matthew Robinson, Professor of Hospitality Business Management; Faculty Senate Past President
- Carlos Asarta, Director for the Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship; Professor of Economics; President, Delaware Council on Economic Education
- Cathy Wu, Unidel Edward Jefferson Chair, Computer & Info Sciences; Director, Institute for Data Science Institute; Professor of Biological Sciences
- Jennifer Buckley, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering; Associate Professor School of Education
- Timothy Dowling, Director Student Health Services
- Samantha Bingaman, President, Graduate Student Organization
- Mia Carbone, President, Student Government Association
- Stephanie Boateng, Student Government Association Executive Council
- Sienna Ferrick, President, Student Athlete Advisory Committee
For more information about the UD's response to COVID-19, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
The University is continually updating the FAQs as new guidance and information is shared. If you have a question that is not addressed in the FAQs, please email email@example.com.