Testing, Screening, Tracing
To help protect our students, faculty, staff and visitors from COVID-19, the University of Delaware has developed a robust and comprehensive program of testing, screening and contact tracing.
For all individuals on campus who have not received a COVID-19 vaccination, you will be required to get a COVID-19 test once a week.
UD-SPONSORED SURVEILLANCE TESTING (Asymptomatic)
As a reminder, vaccinated students and staff are exempt from the weekly surveillance testing requirement, but they are welcome to be tested if they wish.
This fall (beginning Monday, August 30), there are two locations for University-based testing. These testing options are available for enrolled students, faculty and staff only.
Location #1: Harker ISE Lab.
- Days/Times: Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Individuals must have an appointment. No walk-ups are permitted.
- Registration link (there are a limited number of appointments) https://udel.edu/book/harker-ise-lab
Location #2: Pencader 115.
- Days/Times: Monday through Thursday from 10 am to 1:45 p.m.
- Individuals must have an appointment. No walkups are permitted.
- Registration link (there are a limited number of appointments) https://udel.edu/book/universityofdelaware600
- The testing conducted at the Testing Centers is for ASYMPTOMATIC individuals ONLY.
- Per University guidelines, you must wear a mask that always covers your face properly when in the Testing Center.
- Complete your Daily Health Checker and be ready to present your Green Check Mark when you enter the building.
- Bring your UD ID as it will be needed for registration.
- Do not EAT, DRINK, CHEW GUM, SMOKE or VAPE 30 minutes before you arrive.
- Watch this tutorial video so you understand the testing process BEFORE you arrive for your appointment: COVID-19 Testing at UD - UD Capture | University of Delaware (udel.edu)
COMMUNITY-BASED TESTING: ON AND OFF CAMPUS INFORMATION
University faculty, staff, and students may take advantage of the State of Delaware Curative testing options that are available both on-campus and in close proximity to campus.
- Every Tuesday, there is Curative Testing from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on campus at 97 Amstel Avenue, in Lot 16, which is the former site of the Conover Apartments.
- Every Friday, there is Curative Testing from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on campus at Lot 6, just off of New London Road, on the Laird Campus.
- Individuals may register at this site: https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/testing/
- Walgreens also has free testing at each of their stores. Specific details are available at this site: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing
Student Health Services
- Student Health Services provides testing to symptomatic students in the Newark area. Students experiencing any COVID-19 symptom (such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, congestion, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea) should call SHS at 302-831-2226. A triage nurse will return your call and guide you through next steps. In many cases, nasal swab testing is available to symptomatic students directly through Student Health Services. This option is available to students with symptoms.