Each semester, the Center for Counseling and Student Development (CCSD) offers a variety of therapy groups as an effective and efficient treatment to address your concerns and meet your goals.
If you are already working with one of our counselors, call us or let your counselor know you are interested in a group. New clients can stop by our front desk during business hours for an initial triage appointment and referral to a group.
Some groups conduct a "group screen," an appointment where you will learn more about the group in order to ensure it is a good fit for you.
Fall 2023 Group Sessions
Students must attend a pre-screening to participate in group sessions. Stop by the Center for Counseling and Student Development front desk in Warner Hall Suite 201 during business hours for an initial triage appointment and referral to a group.
Group sessions will begin the first week of October.
Benefits of Group Therapy
Group therapy can help students build deeper and more satisfying relationships, develop skills to better cope with emotions, increase their sense of belonging and decrease feelings of isolation and loneliness, and increase students' assertiveness skills and independence.
Students participating in our groups report these benefits:
- Getting multiple perspectives and support of others who can relate to and empathize with them.
- Connecting with others that understand them.
- Not feeling as alone in the world or at UD.
- Getting to practice their goals with others and getting honest and supportive feedback.
- Feeling more motivated to work on and accomplish their therapy goals, as group meetings help keep them accountable.
- Getting a lot of skills in a short amount of time to help them better cope.
- Feeling more prepared and getting more from individual therapy.