The Cybersecurity Scholars Program will integrate with any major and train you to become a thought leader in cybersecurity! You will collaboratively assess the most pressing cyber-defense questions and develop both cultural and technical solutions.
Network with policymakers, defense specialists, and other experts in government and finance. Get connected to defense internships, mentoring and employment. Live and learn in a community with other Cybersecurity Scholars who share your passion.
You will enroll in a one-credit hour course each semester and also select from a range of possible activities, such as:
- Participating in simulated emergency situations, including national or corporate cyberattacks, where you will take on a leadership role to address the crisis
- Analyzing and creating case studies for “headline” attacks
- Performing security “audits” of real companies and their policies
- Examining legal cases with local corporate law firms
- Analyzing white papers published by defense think tanks
- Taking trips to Capitol Hill to meet with key public officials and influencers
- Visiting New York City to work with financial security experts and corporate decision-makers
How to Apply
If you are interested in becoming a Cybersecurity Scholar, you will be able to apply in your My Blue Hen Home starting in early December 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cybersecurity Scholars is open to first-year students admitted to Newark campus.
Essay prompts must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on Thursday, March 25, 2021.
Applicants will be notified by email no later than April 13, 2021.
For questions regarding admissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-831-8123.