Get Ready Program
JUMP START YOUR FIRST SEMESTER
The Get Ready program is designed to prepare students for success at UD.
Coordinated by the Office of Academic Enrichment, Get Ready is a five-week program for students conditionally admitted to UD who will benefit from close advising and tutoring sessions while earning college credits over the summer.
Start of online classes for Get Ready
JULY 10, 2023
By accepting your admission to the University of Delaware, you will automatically be registered in the Get Ready program. To accept your admission to UD and the Get Ready program, visit your student portal, My Blue Hen Home, and complete your Admissions Decision Reply Form.
Deposit deadline: May 1
THE GET READY VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE
Students in the Get Ready program will prepare for the academic rigors of UD by getting a head start on courses over the summer. Each student will be registered for at least two one-credit on-line classes, held over a five-week period. Students should also plan to arrive on campus one week early for the fall semester. On campus they will have a chance to meet their peers and participate in specially designed orientation activities.
Students in Get Ready will:
- Get a head start, earning college credits at UD. Students will be enrolled in a college transition course and a preparing for writing course.
- Participate in peer-led mentoring and free tutoring sessions during the summer, fall and spring of their first year at UD.
- During their first-year students will be assigned a success coach who will work closely with them to ensure a successful transition to UD.
- Students will have the opportunity to build relationships with UD instructors teaching courses specifically designed to ensure their success at UD.
- Build new relationships with their success coach, peer mentors and fellow students.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GET READY
Students are required to participate in all aspects of the program. To enroll in the University of Delaware in the fall, students must complete the Get Ready program. Successful completion is dependent on:
Attending and participating in class
Satisfying the instructor's expectations
Attending all required mentoring and tutoring sessions
Meeting at least three times with a program advocate
Continuing support will be provided to students throughout their first year.
Get Ready students will receive a welcome packet via email by early June with more program specific information.