Self-Reported Academic Record

Self-Reported Academic Record

Students applying to UD directly from high school are required to report their high school grades through Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)—this does not apply to international students. To learn more about the SRAR, please see the step-by-step video series and our FAQs below.

The Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) allows students to self-report their high school grades instead of sending an official transcript. Transcripts are no longer required for the UD application. However, if a student is admitted and chooses to enroll at UD, we will require them to send us an official sealed transcript.

Using the UD SRAR website, students applying to UD will report their grades exactly as they appear on their transcript (80, B, B-, etc.). It is important for students to have a copy of their unofficial or official transcript on hand when completing the SRAR form. A student’s SRAR will be part of our admissions and merit-scholarship decisions. Should a student enroll at UD, we will compare the SRAR to their final high school transcript.


  • Enter all courses and grades from ninth to eleventh grade as reported on your transcript, along with your twelfth grade schedule. Enter "IP" for "in progress" in the section for your senior-year grades.

  • Your GPA should be entered as it is recorded on your transcript. If both weighted and unweighted averages are provided, you should enter the weighted average. Do not apply any additional weight to your grades or convert your grades into another format.

  • You should choose the grading scale that mirrors your high school transcript (letter or numerical grades, calculated by semester, quarter and/or year).

    • Do not average your grades. If your transcript shows one column of final grades, those are the only grades you need to report. If you receive final grades more than once a year, record each grade as you see it. Within the “High Schools Attended” section, you should select the best answer to “Most courses at my school are" to indicate how many grades you will report (yearly = one final grade, semester = two grades, etc.).

  • Your twelfth grade coursework may be listed as “in progress” or "IP" unless you have final grades available when completing your SRAR.

  • If you completed a course in eighth grade that is listed on your high school transcript, you may include it in your SRAR, but it will not be considered by the University of Delaware. We will only consider coursework completed from ninth to twelfth grade.

  • If you completed a class unique to your school and an appropriate title is not provided by SRAR, type it in exactly as it appears on your high school transcript.

  • If you took dual-enrollment or college-level coursework that is listed on your high school transcript, add it to your courses in SRAR and list the course level as dual enrollment. If you completed a college-level course outside of your high school coursework (not listed on your high school transcript), add the college or university to your “High Schools/Colleges” section and provide the course information under that college or university. You should list each college-level course only once.

How to Create an SRAR Account

How to Create an SRAR Account:

SRAR Navigation and Initial Account Setup

Navigation and Initial Account Setup:

Entering Your High School Data into the SRAR

Entering Your High School Data:

Entering Coursework in the SRAR

Part I: Setup

Part I: :

Entering Coursework in the SRAR

Part II: Core Coursework Entry

Part II:

Entering Exams in the SRAR

Entering Exams:

Reviewing and Submitting Your SRAR

Reviewing and Submitting:

How to Link Your SRAR

How to Link Your SRAR:

How to Edit SRAR After Submission

How to Edit Your SRAR After Submission:

How to Check the Status of Your SRAR

How to Check the Status of Your SRAR:

Yes, if you are applying directly from a U.S. high school or if you were homeschooled and followed a traditional U.S. educational curriculum.

International applicants should visit our international admissions requirements webpage for information on how to send us copies of their transcript(s). Those with a GED do not need to submit the SRAR, but they are required to send their GED results to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

You can create your SRAR account and work on your SRAR at any time, but you should submit it after submitting your UD application. You can complete your SRAR by using the link found on the application checklist of your student portal, My Blue Hen Home. (Log-in information for your portal will be supplied after you begin your application.)  

Keep in mind that you should submit your SRAR by the appropriate application deadline. If you are applying for our early action deadline, you should submit your SRAR no later than Nov. 1. For regular decision, you should submit your SRAR by Jan. 15. 

Be advised: Students who have completed their SRAR must link it to their UD application and then click “submit” at the end of the SRAR. Again, you can find the link in your My Blue Hen Home portal.

When the SRAR is complete and linked to your UD application, it should appear as “received” in your student portal within a few business days. All deadlines are considered met when your SRAR is completed and submitted by the due date, no matter when we receive it.


For any changes to your twelfth grade schedule or to provide an update on your in progress coursework grades, please email us at

No. We will not review high school transcripts in lieu of the SRAR. However, you should obtain a transcript from your school counselor so you can complete the SRAR with the most accurate information.  

If offered admission, students who choose to enroll will be required to submit a final high school transcript with a graduation date listed—transcripts with anticipated graduation dates will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting a final high school transcript is July 15.

Please ensure that your Self-Reported Academic Record, including any standardized test scores provided, is accurate. Errors in presentation of grades or standardized test scores may affect admission status and eligibility for merit awards. Validation of self-reported grades and scores occurs after official transcripts and test scores are received later in the admissions process. If official grades and scores are different from what you reported, the University reserves the right to change your admission status and merit awards.