Change of Major FAQs

Mentor Circle

Change of Major Frequently Asked Questions

Important: Due to varying restrictions within each college, please note that it is extremely important to contact the department of the major you wish to add. Also review information about Restricted Majors.

Note: It is not possible to maintain a major AND minor within the same (or similar) departments. For example, if one has a major in International Relations, you will be unable to add a minor in Political Science.

WebformChange of Major, Minor, Concentration & Graduation Term


Change of Major - FAQ

Because there are several levels of approbation, the Registrar's Office cannot complete the process until all approvals have been received. So, once all approvals have been granted, please allow the Registrar’s Office an additional 3 days for processing and do not submit duplicate forms within this period; it will only lengthen processing. You will receive confirmation when this process is complete.

First, add the major/minor and graduation term that you are switching into using "Add Line" and then physically select "Delete" for the major/minor that you no longer want. Input a Reason for change and click "Finish & Submit".

On the initial screen, there is a complete list of your current majors and minors. Next to each, there is an option to "Delete". Select "Keep" for any majors or minors you wish to keep.

Choose a major/concentration in the drop down menu listed as "Add major/concentration", along with entering your graduation term (it is required to enter this date with each change of major). Then click "Add Line" before finally clicking the "Submit" button.

This is to ensure that there is no room for error. By physically re-entering graduation term, all information will be guaranteed to be updated correctly.

Choose a minor in the drop down menu listed as "Minor" and then click "Add Line" before finally clicking "Submit".

You can add more than one major or minor at a time by simply continuing to click "Add Line".

First, check your Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog for your year of entry into the University to verify that it is an available program. If it is available, contact the department to make them aware of the discrepancy.

There is no restriction on the number of times throughout your career. However, you are restricted to submitting three requests per semester.

Please contact the department to be assigned an advisor.

Adding an honors degree is handled through the Honors Program (831-1195).  

To jump to Honors College Application page  click here.


Add Course of Study Process/Parameters

Drop Course of  Study Process/Parameters


Community Engagement Scholars

Students can apply to be Scholars through their Sophomore Year. 

At any time they no  longer wish to pursue the Course of Study. Contact program to be removed.

Delaware Innovation fellows

Only acceptable at the time of admission

Contact program to drop.

Cybersecurity Scholars



Grand Challenge



Access:Ability  Scholars



World Scholars



Sorry, no results found.