Director of the Center for Experimental and Applied Economics
531 S. College Avenue
226 Townsend Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Ph.D. Cornell University, 2003
- M.S. University of Michigan, 1999
- B.A. Grinnell College, 1994
- APEC100: Sustainable Development
- APEC820: Experimental Economics
- APEC807: Mathematical Programming with Economic Applications
- Environmental Conservation
- Provision of Public Goods
- Behavioral Response to Risk
Messer, K.D. and W.A. Allen. 2018. The Science of Strategic Conservation: Protecting More with Less. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, England.
Kaiser, H.M. and K.D. Messer. 2011. Mathematical Programming for Agricultural, Environmental, and Resource Economics. Wiley & Sons.
National Science Foundation – funding support from EPSCoR Track-I. 2018-2023. “Delaware EPSCoR: Water in a Changing Coastal Environment in Delaware.” $23,000,000. K.D. Messer (PI); H. Michael, D.L. Sparks, V. Kalavacharla, M. D’Souza (co-PIs).
USDA Agriculture and Food Research Initiative. 2017-2020. “Understanding Agricultural Water Use Behavior through Randomized Controlled Trials.” $500,000. M. Masters (PI), K.D. Messer, P. Ferraro, and J. Suter (co-PIs).
USDA Agriculture and Food Research Initiative / Economic Research Service. 2016-2019. “Behavioral Economics of Time Preferences, Risk Preferences and Agri-environmental Program Participation among U.S. Producers.” $250,000. P. Ferraro (PI), K.D. Messer and M Bernedo (co-PIs).
USDA Agriculture and Food Research Initiative. 2016-2010. “CONSERVE (Coordinating Nontraditional Sustainable watER Use in Variable climatEs): A Center of Excellence at the Nexus of Sustainable Water Reuse, Food Crop Production, and Health.” $10,000,000. A. Sapkota (PI), K. Kniel and K Messer (co-PIs).
USDA Agriculture and Food Research Initiative. 2015-2018. “Applying Behavioral Economics to Improve USDA Agricultural Programs: Field Experiments in Nutrient Management and Water Quality Protection.” $499,386. M. Masters (PI), K.D. Messer and P. Ferraro (co-PIs).
USDA Economic Research Service. 2014-2019. “USDA Center for Behavioral and Experimental Agri-Environmental Policy Research (CBEAR)” $750,000. K.D. Messer and P. Ferraro (PIs), D. Just, M. Price, and G. Poe (co-PIs).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Watch CEAE Researchers discuss their research on YouTube
- Department of Applied Economics & Statistics
- UD Center for Experimental & Applied Economics
- Center for Behavioral & Experimental Agri-Environmental Research (CBEAR)
- The Science of Strategic Conservation: Protecting More with Less