- M.S. – Soil Chemistry – University of Delaware, 1987
- B.S. – Plant Science – University of Delaware, 1985
Responsibilities Group Manager: Provide general and technical assistance to undergraduate and graduate students and to postdoctoral researchers and assistants in the design and implementation of their projects in laboratory, greenhouse, and field research, and other specialized work areas. Train students in basic soil and plant science analytical and safety procedures. Maintain research equipment, computers, and facilities.
Researcher: Establish and maintain experiments as needed and be responsible for analysis of soils, plants, wastes, water, and other samples. Coordinate analyses and subsequently interpret field and lab data for research projects, including preparation of tables and figures and statistical analyses of experimental results. Compile results and prepare progress and final reports, and journal manuscripts. Participate in local, regional, and national professional meetings to gain more information, develop professional expertise, and present research results.
Facilities and/or Equipment Responsible for:
- The Environmental Soil Management Research Lab, located in 212 Worrilow Hall
- The Environmental Soil-Plant Interactions Lab, located in 101/104 Worrilow Hall
- Soils Teaching Lab, located in 105 Worrilow Hall
- Botany Teaching Lab, located in 203 Worrilow Hall
- Member – Soil Science Society of America
- Member – American Society of Agronomy
- Past Chair – Association of Women Soil Scientists
- Treasurer – UD Ag Alumni Association