Delaware Biotechnology Institute
15 Innovation Way
Newark, DE 19711
Resources and links
- Postdoc – Plant Biology – University of California-Davis
- Ph.D. – Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology – University of Florida-Gainesville
- M.S. – Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology – University of Florida-Gainesville
- PLSC201 – Botany II
- ANFS/PLSC671 – Paradigms in Cell Signaling
- PLSC675 – Current Topics of Plant Biology
- The research in the Lee laboratory has primarily been focusing on elucidating how cell communication and signaling occur at the molecular, cellular, and organismal levels in plants. Specifically, her research group is interested in understanding how plant cells communicate through plasmodesmata, plant-unique intercellular communication channels.
- The Lee laboratory studies plasmodesmata structure and function by identifying molecular components using proteomic and biochemical approaches and investigating how they may impact plant growth and development as well as plant health and fitness under environmental challenges using cellular, bioinformatics, and reverse genetic approaches.
- In addition to addressing fundamental biological questions associated with plasmodesmal structure and function, Lee laboratory also studies how intracellular signaling pathways, such as defense and growth hormonal pathways, are integrated with intercellular and systemic signaling, and how these regulatory mechanisms have evolved in the plant kingdom.
- Member, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Member, American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Member, American Society of Plant Biologists